£17 - 19 per hour
Job title: Military Vehicle Fitter
Salary Range: £17-£19 per hour
Overtime paid at time ½
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday
8:00am - 3:30pm Friday
6 month rolling contract working for a leading defence manufacturer
3 Military Vehicle Fitters are required with knowledge of assembling, refurbishing and upgrading wheel based military vehicles across a complete fleet for the MOD. Candidates that have worked with wheel based or tracked military vehicles would be well received
Due to ongoing MOD contracts this defence manufacturer based in Coventry requires 3 experienced, dynamic, leading Military Vehicle Fitters to undergo a 6-month contract role. As a Military Vehicle Fitter you will be required to:
- 90% mechanical fitting, assembling and upgrading the external and internal part of the vehicle.
- Visually inspect parts prior to fitting.
- Reading mechanical engineering drawings.
- Following manufacturing instructions and fitting from KIT form
- Removing base vehicle equipment, grinding and sanding internal surfaces of vehicle using hand held tools
- Mechanically Fitting, integrating new parts/equipment to military vehicles.
- Bench Work, Drilling, tapping and lifting using overhead cranes
- Working part of a small team assembling a range of parts to a tight time-scale to be passed onto production line
- Understands the requirements for inventory holding and produce a number of "best in class" visual displays which focus on quality, cost and delivery metric
- Work on standardising all reference vehicles in line with project milestones
The Military Vehicle Fitter should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to Obtain and pass baseline security clearance
- Previous proven track record in the fitting of military vehicles
- Primarily a mechanical fitting background
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Understanding of design, engineering and manufacturing challenges of working with Military vehicles
- Must have at least 3 years previous history in a similar role
- A formal mechanical or electrical qualification ideally a minimum of level 3
- Apprentice/indentured apprentice served desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of mechanical fitting on military vehicles within a workshop manufacturing business. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton manufacturer will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- £17 - £19 per hour
- 37.5-hour per week
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Mechanically fitting military vehicles, please apply now. If you have any questions about the Military Vehicle fitter role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.