- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58004
Paint Shop Manager
Automotive Industrial Services Sector
Salary up to £60,000 per annum, car allowance, Bupa healthcare, Pension, 25 days holiday. 20% bonus potential
We are working with a national, automotive industry service provider. The role of Midlands Paint Shop manager will work daily with their most valued automotive client. This role covers 3 major paint plants for the business in the West Midlands.
Working alongside the Site Contract Manager, you will manage all operational activities on the contract including labour, Health and safety, plant and equipment operation and maintenance, financial and administrative duties.
You will be an experienced automotive professional, ideally an expert in the operations and management of paint plants within an automotive environment. You will be superbly calm under pressure and can work very closely with your counter part within the OEM.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage operational resources for efficient working both as teams and as individuals, undertaking capacity and resource planning where appropriate.
- Be responsible for the management of all operational activities to provide the timely delivery of services to a standard which exceeds those as required by the customer.
- To maintain the operation in a state of control and to identify and measure all necessary parameters of process performance to guarantee that customer requirements are met.
- To ensure the most effective use of the business facilities and resources to deliver the customers’ requirements and ensuring that processes are at all stages adding value to the customer with the minimum of inventory.
- Ensure that all operations are undertaken in a safe manner with special focus on ensuring that:
- All personnel always work safely and have the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) to use.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of Company systems and endeavour to ensure adherence to these, paying special attention to Operating Systems and processes for timely delivery of services to the required standard. Implement new and revised systems when necessary.
- Ensure the procurement of capable and reliable plant equipment required for cleaning operations.
- Ensure all service contracts and maintenance activities associated with the equipment used for cleaning are undertaken.
- Prepare an effective plan to address any emergency, keep people safe and to keep operations running.
- To work with the Site Contract Manager to monitor and report on profitability by measuring actual costs against budget, utilising visual management where appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff have the required competence to undertake their roles, providing the necessary training and development whether appropriate where appropriate and maintaining accurate records of this training.
- To undertake the effective building and maintenance of client relationships ensuring the business image suitability represents the high standards required by the company.
- When and where appropriate engage with local Trade Unions with regards to employee relations
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Automotive manufacturing environment, in particularly paint, paint spraying equipment and paint application.
- In depth knowledge of COSHH regulations and importance of Management Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- In depth Knowledge of Health & Safety reporting procedures
- Experience of and knowledge to devise Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS)
- Previous experience of undertaking internal and external audits and further requirements in line with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001.
- Expertise in site specific hazards and ability to ensure work safety always including the use of Protective Personal Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to effectively manage and monitor service level performance using KPIs.
- Excellent attention to detail in relation to overall service delivery
- Experience working to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Resource management experience to enable working within the cost model of the contract.
- HNC or equivalent qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification or higher.
- Qualification in relevant degree
- ADR qualification
- Knowledge of high-pressure water jetting best practice to ensure the correct training is given and to minimise risks in the working environment.
- Experience in technical / automotive engineering
- Knowledge of the equipment required to efficiently meet SLAs.
- Project management experience including Agile methodology and the project management life cycle.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Ability to undertake self-performed audits.
- Ability to prepare and present accurate scorecard metrics, KPIs and other reports.
- Ability to monitor and maintain the good condition of site equipment.
- Excellent organisation skills, being able to prioritise, meet deadlines, multi-task and re-prioritise work and delegate.
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish.
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- An excellent customer service ethic, and an aptitude for problem solving lending itself to resolving customer queries and complaints.
- Ability to control cost and work within a budget.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.