Job title:Microelectronic Design Engineer
Location: Great Yarmouth
Industry: Space, Defence and Aerospace Electronics
A microelectronics design engineer is required to join the specialist optoelectronics and microelectronics design engineering team within an innovative technology company that specialise in high-performance sensing, monitoring, power and motion systems. The Microelectronics Design Engineer will develop and implement safety critical solutions to meet programme requirements across the whole development lifecycle in accordance with customer requirements, legislation, human factors and business needs.
The Microelectronics Design Engineer will have technical expertise in the design of opto or microelectronic systems and subsystems in military, defence, aerospace, oil and gas and other safety critical industries.
Microelectronics Design Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop new and existing products - including PCBA and circuit layouts.
- Generate drawing packs and manufacturing documents.
- Customer engagement and liaison.
- Optimisation and development of existing products to improve performance and function.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Microelectronics Design Engineer
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject.
- A background in microelectronics or optoelectronics design.
- Experience working in a high integrity industry with a good knowledge of safety critical industry standards.
- Knowledge of electronics software Pantheon, Eagle or Altium.
This is an excellent opportunity an electronics specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Great Yarmouth based company will offer you:
- Non-standard pension scheme
- Early finish on a Friday
- Relocation allowance (dependent on circumstances)
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
We are specialists in Aerospace, Defence and Aviation jobs. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Microelectronics Design Engineer please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.