Working in a small team of Metallurgists and Engineers, you will provide technical support to the production departments. This will include reviewing and improving existing processes to ensure the manufacture of high quality compliant products whilst minimising cost and waste. Evaluating new technologies to extend and improve manufacturing capabilities.
Duties of the Metallurgist:
- Undertake production trials, define specifications and produce process instructions.
- Provide metallurgical technical support to production to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Advise and apply knowledge of metallurgy to make and inform decision making.
- Provide technical support to the commercial team advising on capabilities and customer technical queries.
- Analyse and report on customer rejections and returns.
- Undertake process development for new alloy and product variants of existing products.
- Prepare works costings and quotations.
Skills and experience required - Metallurgist.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who is looking for a career path with progression.
- Degree qualified in a Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineering or relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in structured problem-solving techniques.
- The ability to plan and organise work schedules to meet deadlines.