about 1 year ago
Metallurgist/Materials Process Engineer
We are looking for a Metallurgist for a successful automotive business based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire. Our Client is at the forefront of castings development and innovation and offer services encompassing up-front engineering, precision machining and consultancy.
The Metallurgist will provide direct metallurgical support for the motorsport foundry, developing and documenting processes to improve reliability and reduce costs and interacting with Motorsport customers to engage in further developments to fulfil their needs.
- To provide direct metallurgical support for the Aluminium and Iron foundries.
- Develop and document foundry processes to improve reliability and reduce costs.
- Monitor and record material test results. Take appropriate corrective actions to maintain control.
- Provide an up to date database of cast material mechanical characteristics
- Promote changes to foundry (Metal interactive) processes/materials to improve performance/reliability.
- Carry out maintenance and calibration of all spectrometers.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A recognised formal engineering qualification or demonstrable significant experience in relevant fields.
- Relevant foundry / materials research experience - aluminium preferred but ferrous accepted
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good communication and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work from their own initiative, self motivated.
- Current, valid driving licence.
- Proficiency in CAD software would be desirable for this role
Please note that no Visa Sponsorship is available therefore only candidates eligible to live and work in the UK will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV by applying now. Alternatively, please get in touch with Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.