We are recruiting a Metallurgist for a successful automotive business based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire. The Metallurgist will provide direct metallurgical support for the motorsport foundry, developing and document foundry processes to improve reliability and reduce costs and interacting with Motorsport customers to engage in further developments to fulfil their needs.
- To provide direct metallurgical support for the Aluminium and Iron foundries.
- Develop and document foundry processes to improve reliability and reduce costs.
- Monitor and record material test results. Take appropriate corrective actions to maintain control.
- Provide an up to date database of cast material mechanical characteristics
- Promote changes to foundry (Metal interactive) processes/materials to improve performance/reliability.
- Carry out maintenance and calibration of all spectrometers.
The Metallurgist will have a through understanding of Ferrous and experience of supervision in this field and be qualified to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a relevant foundry discipline.
Please apply today if you are interested or call Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee for more information.