Metallurgist - 35424 - up to £19.50/hr - Body Engineering
Metallurgist - the main duties are sample preparation cutting, polishing, mounting. General support for failure investigation and analysis.
The successful candidate will work within the Materials Engineering Laboratory Team and be located in the Materials Laboratory in Gaydon.
3 Key Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of metals preparation laboratory techniques, micro prep. cutting, grinding, polishing, mounting. Experience in Non destructive analysis techniques e.g. Dye Pen / X Ray
- General analytical and failure investigation knowledge and experience.
- Trained machine operator - cutting equipment, lathe use, grinding & polishing media.
- General metals preparation techniques, experience in metallurgy failure investigation.
- Trained in recognised NDT/X Ray qualification.
- High levels of attention to detail, accuracy and conscientiousness
- Self motivated & able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision, with a proven ability to work within strict timing constraints.
- Effective communication skills essential - both written & verbal.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to multi-task and a willingness to learn.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.