Our client, a leading defence manufacturer based in the North-East of England, is looking to recruit a Metallurgist for an exciting new role.
The Metallurgist will be responsible for designing and processes to ensure safety, forming, heat treatment and surface coatings.
Main responsibilities for the Metallurgist will include:
- Delivery of engineering products in support of future projects
- Leading and supporting Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ensuring creation of quality documentation for each manufacturing process
- Providing accurate and reliable delivery of metallurgy projects
- Delivering accurate and reliable engineering reports
- Supporting manufacture and delivery of products
Skills and qualifications required for the Metallurgist:
- HND/HNC or Degree level qualification in a metallurgical or material science subject
- Experience of providing metallurgical advice in the selection of materials, manufacturing processes and mechanical testing
- Experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Metallurgist to develop their career with a world-class organisation. In return, our client will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Additional benefits such as Childcare vouchers and local and national employee discounts
If you feel you meet the requirements for the Metallurgist please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446143 for further information.