Job Title: Metallurgical Technician
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Metallurgical Technician to work at our client's site in Wednesbury within their testing department, the role will require the successful candidate to carry out all aspects of metallurgical testing in accordance with the companies test procedures.
Duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Sample preparation including cutting
- Mounting, grinding, polishing and etching of samples
- Carry out metallurgical testing in accordance with company test procedures
- Hardness testing including day of use checks & recording data
- Macro etching
- Use of metallurgical microscopes including verification checks
- Use of photographic equipment
- Assist in Product testing, dependent on customer demands
- Assisting in sample preparation in other areas of the laboratory
- Liaising with all other members of staff
- Liaison with customers re contract review and the provision of technical advice where possible within your field of expertise
- Assist management in the contract review, coordinating, planning and progressing of jobs within the system and provide customer feedback when required
- Costing jobs for invoicing purposes
- Assist in preparation and testing of corrosion specimens, dependent on customer demands, to e.g. ASTM G48, G28, A262 Practices A, B, C, E etc. after suitable training and pass off for competency as in line with company procedures
- Reporting test results to customers after suitable training and pass off for competency as in line with company procedures
- Assistance in our mechanical testing department may be required from time to time involving tensile, impact & bend testing after suitable training and pass off for competency as in line with companies procedures.
- Other reasonable duties as requested by the
- Normal Working Hours will be Mon-Thu 08:00-16:30 and Fri 08:00-15:30, there is also a daily 30 min lunch break.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.