£45000.00 - £52000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Metallurgical/ Material Engineer
Salary: £40,000-£52,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave
10-12% bonus (depending on experience)
Contributory pension scheme- double the employee's contribution up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- match 50% of the employee's contribution
As a Metallurgical / Material Engineer you will partner with and provide technical guidance to other teams. You will have an ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and identify failures. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, and both internal and external customers. These decisions have significant impact on warranty, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
In this role, you will also deepen your knowledge base of our products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
- Perform complex metallurgical analysis
- Identify metallurgical manufacturing defects and make process improvement recommendations
- Communicate and share results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Participate in developing new technologies
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
- Provide technical guidance on needs analysis, product and process maintenance
- Audit component suppliers in metallic material manufacturing processes such as casting, forging or heat treatment
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum;
- Relevant work experience of applying Metallurgy in an Engineering function;
- Strong analytical skills.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Master's degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum;
- Experience of working within an ISO17025 accredited Laboratory; and
- A working knowledge of chemistry.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.