- Sector: Aerospace & Aviation
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Chris Mead
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446128
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: 1/8/22
- Expiry Date: 21 July 2022
- Job Ref: 62012
Role: Metal Modelmaker (Aerospace & Defence)
Are you a skilled metal worker? Do you have a passion for aeroplanes and all things aerospace? Then this is the role for you!
You will be working at a world leading aerospace and aerodynamics research establishment which works with such clients as Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems to mention but a few. Research for Concorde was done at this establishment.
As a Metal modeller - you will be working as part of a highly skilled and enthusiastic team fitting and assembling wind tunnel components and models. Typical projects will include producing highly accurate scaled down models of military and civil aircraft comprising of multiple parts to be used to highly accurately record forces and pressures within the high speed (Transonic) wind tunnel on site.
In return for your expertise, this Bedfordshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme.
- Flexible working options.
- Health plan.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a Metal modeller - will be:
- Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components, installing pressure tubing and assembling models) as directed by the Fitting Section Team Leader.
- Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling, and report potential problems to the Model Section Team Leader.
- Make recommendations for process improvement in Fitting techniques, where appropriate, to the Fitting Section Team Leader.
- Observe Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertake additional metal model making as requested by the Fitting Section Team Leader or MMC Team Leader when required.
The successful candidate for our Metal modeller - role will have the following skills & experience:
- You will be a time served, fully skilled engineer in the role of Metal Model Maker.
Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining.
- Experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
High attention to detail.
Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual residency in the UK.
For further information on the Metal Modeller position please contact Chris Mead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment by email at email@example.com or by telephone on: 01384 446128.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.