Job Title: MEs Engineer (MANUFACTURING EXECUTION SYSTEMS)
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for both proactive and reactive support, configuration and system documentation in a highly diverse manufacturing environment. As Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation and management of all MES software applications across the manufacturing operation.
Providing 1 St/2 nd/3rd line IT support to end users with technical queries, troubleshooting helpdesk tickets via email, telephone or in person.
Provide out of hours support to the business on a rota, to ensuring business continuity for critical processes and systems.
Overall purpose of the MES Engineer will be to ensure that the MES software applications procedures are implemented, maintained, supported, tested and executed. This position requires an overall understanding of production processes, and thorough knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure, hardware, PLC automation, ERP and other software systems.
- Maintain MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and conduct administration support along with SOX compliance.
- Work in conjunction with production, process, and automation teams to develop the most robust PLC to MES communication interfaces across the facility.
- Develop specifications and requirements capture for MES functionality.
- Develop custom reports, dashboards, and labelling updates as required.
- To ensure that the system is available to all users with minimal downtime.
- Monitor sequenced and/or batch assembly lines and enable rapid decision-making relating to the management of live broadcasts, minimizing scrap and mismatched sequences.
- Installation or replacement of hardware and peripherals in order to resolve issues.
- Engage with leadership on projects, continuous improvements initiatives and daily issues.
- To work in a safe manner to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
- Continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labour efficiencies and quality.
- Team crossover training and knowledge sharing documentation.
- Ensure adherence to the IT policy.
- Performing requirements analysis.
Pro-actively identify areas for business improvement
- Ensure IT systems security, continuity and data integrity.
- Ensure systems availability and reliability.
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are maintained for business continuity
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Comply with the WEEE directive in the disposal of electrical and electronic equipment. Take appropriate actions in emergency situations.
Principles of the team:
- Confidentiality of information
- Development of Team Behaviour
- Commitment to results
- Team spirit
- Customer/Client orientation
- Thoroughness & Self Discipline Respect of rules/dedication
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will already have significant experience working in a similar Manufacturing Execution Systems or Business Systems Analyst function within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Database knowledge, with experience of Oracle; SQL; SSRS; OPC solutions
- Experience with MES Systems maintenance and administration
- Exposure to synchronous manufacturing, Manufacturing Execution systems, PLC automation solutions, ERP solutions and overall IT infrastructure
- Fluent in programming and writing custom queries, reports, custom labelling and displays
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Development skills such as C++, HTML, PHP, and Python are all beneficial.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, problem solving & interpersonal skills
This is a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade. Significant changes to the role and its responsibilities would be subject to appropriate consultation with the post holder.
If you are interested in this challenging and exciting role, please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.