£30k - 32k per year
2 months ago
Job title: Mechanical Technician – REME
Salary Range: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Overtime: Time and ½ after 37.5 hours
Hours: 39-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
2 Mechanical Technicians are required with knowledge and experience of mechanically repairing, installing and testing Armoured Vehicles.
The Mechanical Technicians will support the Operations department, working with the workshop facilities on a variety of platforms.
Candidates with a minimum of NVQ level 3 qualification or ex REME(Class 1) will only be considered for the role.
Due to capacity this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Shropshire requires 2 dynamic, leading Mechanical Technicians on a permanent basis. As an ex Reme Mechanical Technician you will be required to:
- Preventative mechanical maintenance and repair on Armoured vehicles
- Fault find and repair electrical and mechanical systems
- Carry out a trade specific risk assessments before every task.
- Abide by all Risk Assessments, COSHH policies and the relevant legislations
- Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are suitable, fit for purpose and in date for an inspection required.
- Self-certification completed work.
- Assist engineering in modification of upgrades
- Maintenance and repair of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Attend all training courses and briefings where possible.
- Complete works as detailed by team leader.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses via the appropriate reporting tool.
- Help train and mentor apprentices so they become competent.
- Work in accordance with any safety instructions, risk assessments or safety procedures. Report all accidents, incidents and near misses to their line manager and where applicable via the reporting tool.
- Offsite working within and outside the UK may be required
- Overtime and shift working may be required
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements including safety
The Mechanical Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Experienced apprentice trained Mechanical Technician who is adaptable and reliable with the ability to prioritise and work effectively to deadlines.
- NVQ level 3 qualification or ex REME(Class 1)
- Competent in using a wide range of hand tools
- Experience in using AESPs or manufacturing instructions
- Recognised qualification in hydraulic and pneumatic systems or relevant experience
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Mechanically fitting within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company or ex REME. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 39 hour working week
- £30,000 to £32,000 per annum plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus of 2.5%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical technician work within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Technician, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.