Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical
Salary + shift allowance + bonus
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and proactive Maintenance Engineer to support our client's operations, by providing the necessary engineering skills to safely maintain all site equipment, in accordance to engineering standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing mechanical maintenance activities of the plant, therefore the ability to conduct effective diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment is required.
Having previous experience in the chemical process industry would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical role:
* To provide a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & corrective Mechanical maintenance activities
* Working with the Maintenance Team Leader to problem solve and effectively identify work priorities
* To ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
* Identify and carry out plant modification work to help enhance both plant safety and efficiency
* Cooperate with reliability Engineer to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
Skills and experience required for the Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical role:
* Preferably qualified HNC, C&G, B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience and/or qualification
* Demonstrated competence in a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines including, pump, vacuum and steam systems, hydraulics & pneumatic, plastic & glass pipework.
* Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment
* Basic workshop skills including, fabricating, welding & machining
* Team player able to support other disciplines if required
* Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
* Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
* Highly organised and disciplined
* Strong attention to detail and self-motivation
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 5 days (7:00am-7:00pm) with following 4 days off.
A competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to: excellent company pension scheme, free lunch, 25 days annual leave, solid training and development programme, medical cash plan, attractive company bonus scheme and a share incentive plan.