Mechanical Systems Engineer
Up to £38.00 per hour LTD
A Mechanical Systems Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for an engineer to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications. The role is based in our clients Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
As Mechanical Systems Engineer you will lead the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP&R).
The work involves working in a fast-moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
To apply for this Mechanical Systems Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- A Systems Engineering approach to product development
- Ability to analyse complex data with experience of engines or engine applications
- Demonstrated experience of Engine Design, Development or Simulation
- Demonstrated experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
Please contact James Tilley for more details.