£25 - 34 per hour
2 months ago
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Up to £34.00/ph - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote (Flex working)
Off Highway - Diesel Engines
A Mechanical Systems Engineer has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial diesel engines.
The Mechanical Systems team, has a vacancy for an engineer to support the design & development of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications.
You will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
The work involves working in a fast-moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Systems Engineering approach to product development
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse engine data and use it to drive decisions with clear, concise conclusions
- Experience of engine design, development or simulation
- Experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Experience of working as part of a cross functional team
- Engineering degree or similar
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
This role will be a mix of remote and office based working.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.