- Sector: Metals
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 10 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59728
Mechanical Systems Engineer – Shropshire - Aerospace Manufacturing – Permanent – Attractive
A Mechanical Systems Engineeris required to join an International Aerospace Manufacturing company that designs and manufacturers aerospace and industrial products. These products are used within commercial and military aircraft, jet engines, and industrial gas turbines.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer opportunity is a hands-on, technical customer facing role, providing technical field support in relation to the installation tooling and installation methods of the relevant manufacturing systems.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Management of systems to enable installation tooling is available for onsite trials.
- Troubleshoot and repair installation tooling issues for customers and systems.
- Write and manage the EU language translation of tooling manuals and safety instructions.
- Field support for regions / customers in effective use of and repair of installation tooling.
- Write customer visit reports and recommend optimum tooling systems for new applications.
- Develop tooling designs to improve cost and / or performance benefits to customers.
- Prepare quotes to customers for the recommended spares needed for installation tooling.
- Deliver technical presentations, practical demonstrations, and test installations.
- Recommend and assist the Product Manager with tooling stock levels and spares stock.
- Effectively manage assigned projects.
- Support technical and in-service support for EU region.
- Support the organisation and delivery of the bi-annual Product Training.
- Compliance with policies and procedures and conduct all activities in accordance with.
- Both UK and international travel, as requested, in line with customer requirements.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- Engineering Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- International customer facing experience.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electro-mechanical & electro-hydraulic systems.
- Energetic with a tenacious approach who is Methodical with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities able to prioritise effectively and escalate issues.
- IT skills – excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Effective in managing the demands of both the business and the customer.
- Able to build strong and effective working relationships at all levels externally and internally.
- Confident in delivering presentations of a technical nature.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a complex environment.
- Capable of working under pressure to achieve targets.
- Ability to develop technical knowledge and able to travel extensively.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of a Mechanical Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Systems Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.