Mechanical Systems & Validation - Technical Project Lead
Salary Range: £45K - £55K (D.O.E) plus benefits
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Reliability/Validation Engineer to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Lead Engineer, you will lead a virtual team working on a variety of product development projects, with accountability for Mechanical Systems performance, reliability & durability. With your team you will plan and deliver the validation of new diesel engines for industrial applications; opportunities exist to further develop our Systems Engineering & Validation processes.
The Technical Project Lead will Lead the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP&R).
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Demonstrated experience of Project Management
- Understanding of engine systems, mechanical performance trade-offs, and technical issue resolution
- Experience of using Design FMEAs (facilitation and analysis) to manage product risks and manage validation requirements
- Experience of delivering DVP&R within time and cost constraints
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Ability to lead and deliver through others
- Engineering degree qualified with relevant industrial experience
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Experience of Proactive Reliability methods and demonstration of Product Quality
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
Please contact James Tilley for more details.