Job Title: Electrical Fitters - Mechanical Fitters
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are proud to be representing their client, a leading transportation manufacturer in their search for 10 Auto Electricians/Electrical Technicians, 10 Mechanics/Mechanical Fitters to work on a 3-month contract in their leading facility in Leeds
For the successful for Auto Electricians/Electrical Technicians, Mechanics/Mechanical Fitters our client is offering:
- Minimum of a 3-month contract
- £14.71 per hour
- Free parking
- 7am - 3.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7am -11am Friday
- Overtime available paid at a premium. Time ½ Saturday, Double time Sunday
The Role as an Auto Electrician/Electrical Technician, Mechanics/Mechanical Fitter:
Auto Electricians/Electrical Technicians
- Electrically install and fit transportation vehicles ensuring health and safety requirements are met and provide advice on Electrical Regulations.
- Highlight any quality issues and support problem solving activity with Production, Production Engineering and Design Engineering.
- To learn and carry out a range of jobs within manufacturing, to assemble a wide variety of components within a vehicle.
- To read electrical and engineering drawings and layouts.
- To assess electrical problems, have the ability to diagnose faults, isolate the issue and solve it, or support the Design Engineering team/ External Electrical Expert (i.e. Suppliers) in its resolution.
- To look at electrical grids, evaluate problems. And make sure correct installation.
- Demonstrate good manual dexterity. Determine size and capacity of wires and cables; use of hand tools and handle small components
- Ability to read pneumatic and hydraulic schematic diagrams
- Fitting air tanks, pipe work, valves and other parts
- Fitting axles, wheels and other parts when required
- Fitting engines into vehicles and connecting mating pipework to the rest of the vehicle
- Dressing/building engines including mating gearbox to engine, fitting into engine cradle, fitting all additional hoses and parts including oil filters etc.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Be prepared to respond to changing business needs e.g. requirement to work overtime, shifts etc.
- Good time keeping, and reliability is required at all times.
What our client is looking for in a Auto Electricians/Electrical Technicians, Mechanics/Mechanical Fitters:
- Apprenticeship/NVQ level 3 in vehicle mechanics (desirably HGV/PSV mechanics)
- Previous experience in a fast paced working environment
- Previous electrical experience of working in the automotive industry
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety practices, in particular, Electrical Regulations
- City and Guilds Level 3 qualification or ONC
- Qualification in high voltage: IEE 18th or 17th Edition City and Guilds
- Inspection testing and certification
- PAT City and Guilds
Key skills or similar Job titles:
Electrician, Electrically, Electrics, Electrical, Auto Electrician, Mechanics, Mechanically, Mechanical, engineer, technician, assembler
If you have the required knowledge and experience please apply for this role Today... Immediate starts are available.