Mechanical Simulation Engineer - Motorsport - Northampton - £ Competitive DOE - Permanent
This is a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Mechanical Simulation Engineer to join this World-renowned motorsport team.
As Mechanical Simulation Engineer you will be skilled in static and dynamic analysis of components, assemblies and systems (mechanical / thermal analysis).
As Mechanical Simulation Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking the simulation work for the most complex and challenging problems within the product engineering group. The role reports to the Team Leader - Product Engineering and involves working with design engineers to ensure that their calculations and analyses are completed to best practice.
The candidate must ensure that the designs released are right first time, whilst meeting the often-competing targets of performance, mass, cost and reliability.
What you will do:
- Deliver world class simulation driven solutions, supported by first principles engineering to meet demanding project targets.
- Technically develop processes.
- Champion best practice and provide support and training to peers.
- Communication of technical solutions and technical report writing.
What you will be:
- An excellent first principles engineer.
- Degree qualified (2:1 minimum) in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Equally confident in hand calculation and complex simulations with a detailed understanding of materials and their properties.
- An expert in the use of linear and non-linear structural analysis simulation tools and pre-post processors preferably using Abaqus.
- Someone with a solid understanding of internal combustion engines / rotating machinery and their sub-systems, including mechanical and thermal loading (internally and externally generated).
- An engineer with a minimum 4 years post graduate experience in a challenging role demonstrating the use of analytical tools to complement and enhance the design of complex, highly loaded components / systems.
In return the successful candidate will get a highly-competitive benefits package including pension, healthcare scheme and a personal and race performance bonus.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Simulation Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.