£35k - 40k per year
Role: Mechanical Services Project Manager
Location: Coventry - CV4
Rate: up to £40'000
Duration: 12 month fixed
- The role will report to the Head of Maintenance, they will work closely with all technical leads within maintenance to manage a number of improvement projects and remedial works programmes within the Estates Operations department. The projects will vary from small scale multidisciplinary projects to large volume, small works.
- The post holder will influence and manage projects within maintenance replacement programmes, specifically targeting mechanical biased services.
- The post holder will act as project co-ordinator, principal designer or principal contractor on small improvement projects utilising in-house staff or contractors.
- The post holder will work closely with the building surveying team and capital projects team to manage a 5-year rolling programme of condition-based work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The role will project manage individual projects. These will consist of large component replacement, or a number of small-scale remedials required of the back of statutory inspection programmes to ensure statutory compliance. The post holder will work closely with the Estates capital project team to ensure that all estates related projects are fully co-ordinated across the teams.
- The role will help co-ordinate a 5-year programme of work to deliver maintenance replacement projects. The work will be delivered in a timely manner, ensuring value for money. The role will seek agreement through the Head of Maintenance for the programme and budget.
- The role will be required make management decisions on how to resource projects. They will be required to manage the whole project from design to completion within the agreed budget and programme.
- The role will manage a large remedial programme in conjunction with the engineering and fabric technical leads and other project managers. To achieve this the post holder will, in accordance with all our polices and guidance, commission and manage an external contractors resource for delivery of the developed programme within time and budget or In conjunction with the wider team utilise existing resources as required
- As Mechanical bias the role will be expected to normally work with Mechanical systems and will be responsible to technically provide advice on mechanical services and manage works on mechanical systems. The role will seek to employ consultants and experts as required though to ensure correct project delivery. The role will set the performance criteria, work with procurement departments and manage the consultancy performance.
- The role will be responsible for deciding how the projects are going to be initiated and instigated. Whether utilising contractor or delivered using existing operational and maintenance teams. The post holder will be responsible for managing the individual's safety and performance in the scope of the projects.
- Where operational projects fall under the CDM regulations, the role will be responsible for managing the process of controlling these and ensure that they are adhered to. The post holder will act as principal designer or principal contractor on our behalf as required.
- The role will co-ordinate the collation of commissioning and test results for all operational led projects. Record information and updated drawing as submitted to the information management team.
Qualification & Experience:
- HND / HNC in Building services or Mechanical Engineering qualification
- CSCS card
- MBIFM, MCIBSE or equivalent preferred
- Proven work experience of having worked on minor projects specifically on mechanical systems.
- Previous experience of mechanical system maintenance and compliance, including gas, pressure, water hygiene. With a good knowledge of G-gas, water, pressure, LEV regulations
- Experience in managing multiple contracts in multiple locations
- The ability to assess problems and then ensure that resources and expertise are in place to resolve problems
- Experience of managing reactive and planned preventative maintenance through the use of software systems
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.