Mechanical Project Engineer - Aerospace - Permanent - Attractive - Surrey
A Mechanical Project Engineer is required to join an Aero Engine Test organisation that is going through a period of company growth. The Mechanical Project Engineer will assist in the design, manufacture, maintenance, relocation and installation of aeroengine test facilities and associated ground support equipment.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will be primarily responsible for the design engineering, supply, installation, test and commissioning of these engine test facility systems and equipment.
The Mechanical Project Engineer requires a strong mechanical engineering background and a good knowledge of CAD using Autodesk Inventor / AutoCAD software packages.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer to Include:
- Design and develop new system hardware as required within electro-mechanical systems
- Develop cost estimates for design and engineering costs of special tooling and testing
- Understand the costs of supply and manufacture of all engine test equipment
- Develop written plans and manuals for the installation, testing, commissioning, operation and sustainment of engine test equipment and related ground support
- Review plans & specifications and assist Purchasing Manager in qualifying products/vendors
- Attend project review meetings, both on-site and off-site, as required
- Assist the Project Managers as required to prepare statements of work, etc
- Support the installation and commissioning of new hardware at client's locations
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed
- Assist with In-Service Support contracts for calibration, modifications and technical support
- Develop, modify and manipulate system models using Autodesk Inventor
- Development of concept drawings, technical concepts, bids and proposals as required
- Convert designs into suitable engineering drawings for fabrication and manufacture
- Some overseas travel may be required to attend project meetings or design reviews
Qualifications & Requirements of the Mechanical Project Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree)
- Requires a mechanical and/or aerospace engineering background
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Flexible nature and the ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to develop, analyse and interpret technical documents
- Technical writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of fundamental fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Capability using Autodesk Inventor / AutoCAD software packages
- Prior engineering experience within this industry or similar would be ideal
- Experience with Quality Assurance methods and for working to ISO Standards
The Mechanical Project Engineer must hold or capable of holding Security Clearance and must have the right to live and work in the UK and have a full UK driving license
If you are interested in this Mechanical Project Engineer position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at . Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.