Mechanical Project Engineer
Salary: £30,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer to contribute to the mechanical fitting and managing of projects on automated plant and equipment. The role will be providing mechanical fitting duties at their site in Coventry as well as on sites throughout the UK whilst having responsibility and taking the lead with project milestones.
Key responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Review of client purchase order and attachments together with all sales handover documentation
- Review job instructions from each of the internal departments and specialists.
- To read and work to assembly engineering drawings as well as pneumatic schematics.
- Assemble automated machines, jigs and fixtures from components to completion working with high tolerances
- Work collectively within a team of skilled electro / mechanical engineers, fitters and wiremen at their Coventry site
- Liaison with clients to ensure equipment is supplied to job requirements and in accordance with all specifications as well as communicating with the client throughout the process
- To be involved with and assist in the test and commissioning of mechanical systems
The Mechanical Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have a good understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, ideally in an automation assembly environment.
- Knowledge of special purpose design with a good understanding of the latest standards.
- Good project management skills
- Deadline driven and able to work to immovable deadlines.
- Ability to work on their own on site as well as supervise others
- Extensive and hands on mechanical fitting experience
- Must have a 'can do' attitude and be motivated to succeed and achieve
- Excellent communication skills being able to liaise and discuss project requirements with end clients.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have excellent knowledge of project management and hands on mechanical fitting experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Project Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .