almost 2 years ago
Mechanical Project Design Engineer
£Comp + Bens
A Mechanical Project Design Engineer is required to deliver engineering solutions for new product, process and equipment introductions, with the aim of establishing safe, efficient and robust manufacturing processes. Candidates with experience of successful delivering engineering projects in an automatic manufacturing environment, with NPI or Industrialisation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a world renowned automotive supplier in Royston, requires a proactive Mechanical Project Design Engineer to develop 3D models and 2D production drawings including final specifications, BOMs and costings of new products to ensure safe, high quality products. As a Mechanical Project Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Act as technical lead providing practical, creative and cost-effective solutions to design change / modification
- Support the project managers by delivering safe, efficient and robust engineering solutions for new product, process and equipment introductions
- Update the technical drawing database to ensure accuracy of files and maintain high standards of data integrity
- Liaise with production teams throughout the design process to evaluate the feasibility of production and assist with finding solutions to design.
- Conduct design reviews using DFMEA and DRBFM studies to identify the risks and formulate action and control plans.
The Mechanical Project Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- An Engineering HNC/HND in a mechanical/electrical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using SolidWorks and AutoCAD or similar software
- The ability to lead and support projects in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment with up to date knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety practices including COSHH, REACH and COMAH.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO16949, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
- Experience in developing technical engineering solutions from concept in an automated environment
- Experience of conveyor systems, sensors, pneumatic or servo control, pipework & fittings would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing practices and value stream mapping desired
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of manufacturing methods of machined and fabricated parts to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Royston based automotive supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical Project Design Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Project Design Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.