Role: Mechanical Pipe Fitter
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 + Company Van + Company Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Pipe Fitter to work on site for our client in a full time position carrying out planned maintenance and reactive maintenance on a wide range of building services activities.
Responsible for carrying out mechanical based maintenance duties, trouble-shooting, repair work and minor new works on a wide range of equipment and commercial premises within the establishments as directed.
- Responding to mechanical breakdowns and emergencies providing rectification action as necessary in response to client work request as requested by site staff.
- Undertake programmed planned maintenance completing report on findings.
- Monitor and report failings to heating and hot water systems, adjusting controls to suit.
- Act as initial breakdown and emergency work as first response to meet clients needs and functions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Removing and replacing component parts of heating and other systems.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- Complete weekly time sheets and other associated paper work.
- Bring to management immediate attention any unsafe conditions.
- Be part of an on-call rota for 24 hr call out system.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Hold a recognised mechanical Heating, Ventilation or Air Conditioning qualification.
- Previous, relevant experience as a tradesman and preferably have worked in the maintenance sector with experience of hot and cold water systems, LTHW, MTHW, Boilers domestic and commercial and associated plant pumps and calorifiers.
- Holder of a full and valid clean driving licence.
- Flexible in approach to current working methods.
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Responsive to emergency work situations.
- Fault finding capabilities.
- Working at height off of Tower or fixed scaffolds, MEWP's, ladders steps.
- Domestic Plumbing - Copper and Iron
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.