- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Jordyn Disspain
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Duration: 6 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 21 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61781
Job title: Mechanical Services Maintenance Manager
Role: 6-month contract (permanent opportunity available)
Hours: 36.5-hour week Mon-Fri
Location: Coventry (CV4)
We require a Mechanical Services Maintenance Manager for one of the world's leading research and education groups, with function in industrial, design, R&D, residential, public/retail, food & drink and more. This is an amazing opportunity to join an excellent business who; provide employee discounts, value your work/life balance, and your health & wellbeing plus more.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Manager, you will be managing the Mechanical Services section and specialist maintenance contractors to provide an Estates maintenance service ensuring all statutory, planned and breakdown works are completed safely, cost effectively and to agreed KPI’s and Service Statement.
The Mechanical Services section are responsible for the operations and maintenance of a wide variety of complex equipment throughout the Estate such as environmental systems, lifts, heating, ventilation equipment that form part of the services infrastructure.
- The Maintenance team has a large direct labour force. The role will be supported by supervisors and officers to manage the direct labour force. The role will oversee the overall performance via SLA’s and PPM schedules. Management of specialist contractors - Provide management and technical support to the Mechanical Services Contracts Officer with the management of contractors.
- Undertaking technical and incident investigations as required by line manager, generate written reports to confirm findings, works completed, recommendations and maintain appropriate records. Provide historical performance and reliability data, technical advice and support to the department and specialist contractors, assist with contract specifications for complex maintenance projects, issuing appropriate Permits and review all supporting health and safety documentation, risk assessments, method statements, training records etc
- Provide management information such as section budgets, statutory compliance, backlog maintenance, HR reporting, defects, maintenance scheduling. Completion of Forward Maintenance Registers and providing technical advice, works specification input and budget cost plans to assist in compiling the Estates 5 year and long-term financial plans.
- Provide budgets cost for the forward maintenance register, contracted services, minor works; arrange small works projects in line with the Estates department guidelines using approved contractors and the Estates’ quote and tender limits policy, ensure work is completed to program, within budget, conforms to legislative requirements and to the University accepted standards. Advise the budget holder with the product specifications and budget costs for specialist plant, tools, equipment, and consumables required by the Estates Office/section.
As the Mechanical Services Maintenance Manager, you should have the following skills and competencies:
- HNC/D qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent, NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health and Safety, Member of a related professional institute such as CIBSE (D)
- Experience of working in a similar role including managing and leading a multi skilled direct labour and specialist contractors on maintenance, defect repairs and minor projects, of planned preventative maintenance systems and proven work experience of having worked within the building services sector, undertaking mechanical installation and maintenance works, with proven ability to assess problems, provide solutions and then mobilising resources and expertise to implement solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, to enable the post holder to provide feasibility reports, option appraisals and technical reports and understand OEM specifications and O&M manuals.
- Technically competent in building maintenance, mechanical biased, thorough knowledge and understanding of diverse and complex building. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, maintain records, action plans and documentation up to date at all times is essential.
- Up to date knowledge of statutory compliance and Health and Safety legislation. Safe use of Hydraulic/Manual lifting platform. Safe Entry into Confined spaces using emergency escape breathing apparatus.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Manager, with experience within estates, facilities or building services maintenance, to join and support a business with diverse function
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in Mechanical Services Maintenance Manager. If you have any questions about the Estates Contracts Manager role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.