Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £ Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work for our client based at their site in Blackburn, the role will to provide shift based mechanical engineering support to the operations of our client, with the main focus to ensure continued operation of equipment and services.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensuring equipment is always operated and maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring personal and team mates safety through the undertaking of effective risk assessments.
- Repairing equipment and troubleshooting.
- Conducting effective preventative maintenance to minimise unplanned downtime.
- Improving equipment performance through the effective use of data analysis.
- Carry out Projects within agreed budget and timescales.
- Complete documentation which may include purchasing, shift reports and accurate, up-to-date drawings/manuals and procedures.
- Time served mechanical apprentice in either fitting, milling and turning or similar standard.
- Minimum City & Guilds fitting/turning or mechanical engineering.
- Machining; turning and milling experience
- Able to work on own initiative and be a team player.
- Positive approach to work and building relationships with production.
- A quick learner with good attention to detail.
- Have a persistent but pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate a curious and analytical mind.
- UK driving license and own transport to enable shift working.
- Dual Electrical/Mechanical qualified to NVQ3 level.
- Knowledge/experience of nonwoven manufacturing and technology (or related field).
- B Tech in Mechanical engineering.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.