Job title Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £34'000 - £36'000 fantastic earning potential via overtime and being on call
Location: Chipping Norton
Hours: Mon to Friday, 6am to 2pm, 8am - 4pm, 2pm - 10pm
On Call: When on 2pm - 10pm shift
On Call allowance: paid 3 hours at x1.5 plus a healthy petrol allowance
Benefits: Outstanding package including holiday allowance
Responsibility for the overall maintenance of the site including both reactive and planned maintenance tasks, fault finding , plant optimisation whilst supporting the Engineering Manager creating capital plans and budget. Maximise efficiency, service and feed consistency while ensuring that feed safety and health standards are never compromised
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance utilising agreed schedule
- Carry out reactive maintenance as required
- Order and maintain a stock of spares, along with sourcing parts and other spares in a cost effective manner
- Quick resolution to plant breakdowns, faults, leaks etc.
- With the Operations Manager & Site Management complete the preventative maintenance schedule on time and within costs
- Minimise Plant downtime due to mechanical and electrical failure
- Monitor plant condition on a regular basis to prevent unnecessary equipment failures
- Support the Plant internal hygiene audit ensuring contribution to score increases audit on audit
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager to contribute to 5-year Capital plan, identifying productivity and equipment energy and efficiency improvements
- Ensure the site is Electrically & Mechanically safe
- Contribute by identifying energy cost saving initiatives
- Drive workshop and work area housekeeping improvement to a very high standard
- Control of Contractors, Permits To Work etc.
- Multi-skilled engineer; HNC (or equivalent) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Suitable & relevant Engineering experience
- Experience of planned maintenance systems
- Good H&S knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification, desirable)
- A logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems.
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean D methodologies is desirable not essential
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.