Title: Mechanical Installation Engineer
Location: UK Wide
Salary: £ Negotiable dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a team of Installation Engineers to work for our client across their customer sites across the UK. The role will be involved in all aspects of installation and mechanical fitting and would require someone able to work as a team member or alone with assistance, installing Penstocks, Flap Valves, Secondary Isolation Valves, Distributor Columns, Arms, Siphons and Travelling screens at various locations across the UK.
- To ensure all paperwork is available and that it has been reviewed and understood before setting out to site
- Complete all necessary job sheets, time sheets and other documentation as required
- To undertake all necessary pre-installation checks
- To liaise with client, other trades and third parties as indicated on work instructions
- To identify any changes to scope and report back to line manager as early as possible
- If requested to do so, to record any changes to scope as agreed by line manager
- To install equipment in line with company standards and current regulations (including grouting of penstocks)
- To complete all post installation & commissioning checks
- To keep in good working order any tools, equipment or vehicles supplied by the company
- To report any faults, breakages or equipment failures to your line manager
Experience & Knowledge:
- A good level of sound Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) practice, including Risk Assessment, Method Statements etc., in industrial / engineering environments
- A background or commitment to working in a field-based role.
- Experience of Water Flow and Distribution products – Penstocks, Flap Valves, Distribution arms, siphon systems etc. would be beneficial.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of mechanical (and electrical) fault-finding and diagnostic working.
- Must have experience in either clean or waste water industry
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Team working skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Mechanical Qualification
- Confined space working (C&G medium risk) as a minimum requirement.
- CSCS card holder.
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in Science, Engineering or technical discipline OR substantial relevant industry experience
- Full clean driving licence
This role is a mobile role with the successful applicant expected to travel nationwide for the role. Please only apply if you are happy travelling nationwide and do not have commitments that means you have to be home every night.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Rob Johnson on 01384 446 160 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.