£26k per year
3 months ago
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter / Pipe Fitter
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £26,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a mechanical fitter / pipe fitter to work at our client’s site in the West Bromwich area, the role will be carrying out Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc, the role will also be involved in preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter, duties include:
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
- Salary £26,000 p/a
- 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays)
- Working a 38 hour working week
- Paid sick scheme
- Free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.