- Sector: Energy
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60295
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Newton Abbots, South Devon
We are currently recruiting for several experienced Mechanical Fitters to work for our client at their facility in Newton Abbots, the role will be working across their manufacturing facility and will be involved in overhaul, including strip down and rebuild activities of gas turbine engines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strip down and rebuild of gas turbine engines.
- Post rental inspections utilising Boroscope. Interpretation of images and report actions required. If strip down is required, clean using chemical/ultrasonic/manual methods and assess parts including detailed visual and dimensional checks utilising micrometers, clocks, height gauges, and other equipment. Maintain detailed build and dimensional records. Balance components and assemblies to determine multiplane corrections required.
- Inspect blades, carry out any necessary rectification. Shotblast and glass peen as required.
- Investigative analysis for turbines which have failed in the field or on test. Carry out photographic records for customer/insurance company.
- Install turbines in test and carry out pre test checks prior to handover to test.
- Train customer support engineers (weekly staff position), new fitters and companies apprentices, on the strip investigation and assembly of turbines.
- Build of new products by following procedures and recording required details.
Generator set assembly as required to include:
- Build generator set systems using supplied parts and schematic drawings.
- Align generators and gearboxes and other equipment in accordance with companies procedures.
- Fabricate small bore pipework.
- Special projects/development and refurbishment activities either within company or under control of external companies.
- Connection, disconnection, maintenance and pressure test high pressure gas systems (training will be provided).
- Carry out duties compatible with this job and the employee’s individual skills as required by management.
- BTEC National Certificate, or City & Guilds (Mechanical Bias), or an Engineering Apprenticeship, or 3 years related experience.
- Competent in the use of hand and machine tools.
- Competent IT Skills.
- Knowledge of gas turbine aero engines (Desirable)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.