- Sector: Renewables
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61441
Title: Mechanical Fitter (Energy from Waste)
Salary: £32,249.97 p/a
Hours: 40 hours (Monday to Friday 07:30-15:30)
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to work for our client’s site in Dudley, the role is to contribute to the preventative maintenance and defect rectification on all plant and equipment.
- The role will be involved in mechanical fitting service throughout the plant and to assist in other disciplines. Implement a culture of continuous improvement and will report to the Maintenance Chargehand.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule and report any irregularities.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Chargehand and the Maintenance Manager, liaise with the Operations department each morning, review the overnight log entries, and assign work priority as required.
- Ensure all work either planned or reactive is safety assessed before work commences and safety standards are maintained throughout.
- Produce job plans including risk assessments and own method statements.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Chargehand and the Maintenance Manager, liaise with contractors accepting and signing for completed work.
- Maintain and test all mechanical systems.
- Assist in the Implementation and monitoring of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assist in completing the scheduled operations programme for proving plant securities and equipment changeover routines, while ensuring tests are carried out and successful results recorded on the CMMS (Altair).
- Effectively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Overtime working may be requested.
- Assist other operation and maintenance personnel as required.
- Assist, prepare and liaise with contractors as the need arises. Assist in the preparation of the planned outage using excel template, Altair or any other support provided.
- Report any jobs and finding on Altair, report to the plant manager any emergency job.
- Use of workshop tools, hand tools, power hand tools, lifting equipment, etc.
- Carry out minor welding repair when required.
- At all times carry communication devices two-way radios to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables.
- The jobholder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
Health & Safety:
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures/policy and all Company policies.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and company Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- Work within the requirements of the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system. Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI’s), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- C&G/NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering, a recognised apprenticeship, HNC/BTEC/ONC
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to work on own initiative, attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data and knowledge of fault-finding.
- Basic IT skills, primarily in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working at height Additional skills also advantageous
- IOSH working safely
- Confined space awareness
- Current full driving licence
- Abrasive wheels
- Rigging & slinging
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.