Salary £27,400 annum, Pension, Life Assurance, Sick Pay Scheme
Location - Birmingham
A Mechanical Fitter is required for a well-established business in Birmingham.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Be able to mentor other Mechanical Fitters.
- Be able to mentor apprentices via apprenticeship organisation.
- Be self-managing on tasks and be able to lead other Mechanical Fitters.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work system
To be successful as an Mechanical Fitter you should have the following skills:
- You will have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a Petro-Chemical or Heavy Industry environment and be fully conversant with the types of equipment detailed above.
- Ideally will be a competent TIG and Stick welder.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for anyone looking for a new role as an Mechanical Fitter, in return you will be offered:
- Good salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Fitter role, please contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 154.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.