Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £24,600 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a mechanical fitter to work at our client’s site in the West Bromwich area, the role will be carrying out mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work on site and would suit a fully qualified mechanical engineer who is looking work within a dynamic team.
- Working with a manufacturing facility that supports a wide range of sectors including Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industries the role would suit someone with the experience of process maintenance within a busy facility.
- The role will be working within their highly skilled maintenance department and is an excellent opportunity to work as part of their team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter with the relevant qualifications.
- Required to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels, Welding equipment and Confined Spaces.
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
- Salary £24,600p/a
- 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays)
- Working a 38 hour working week
- Paid sick scheme
- Free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.