- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Justin Wainwright
- Contact Email: Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01268 889267
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58327
Role: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: £28,139 plus overtime
· Work as part of a team or on an individual basis carrying duties such as dismantling and assembly of a varied selection of medium/heavy mechanical equipment.
· Supporting on-site installation projects and/or removal of mechanical equipment.
· The Engineer will be required to occasionally work away from home at our customer's sites, representing the business.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment. (Workshop/customer site)
· Execute all work in an efficient, professional and timely manner.
· Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
· Always adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities and follow all appropriate procedures and use the appropriate protective equipment .
· Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks.
· Carry out ad-hoc collections and deliveries of various equipment using company vehicles
· Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
· Ensure that the work, including tooling and equipment, is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
· To be skilled in the use of hand tools and other equipment such as Hydraulic Torque Equipment,
· Assist in conducting forklift duties to load and unload goods.
· Ability to dismantle, proof mark equipment, draw sketch and/or photograph equipment to ensure accurate dismantling/identification of customer equipment.
· Experience with the use of conventional machine tools would be advantageous.
· Must be able to work to verbal instruction, samples as well as engineering drawings when dealing with Breakdown Projects.
Experience and qualifications required:
· Clean / Full Driving Licence preferred
· Counterbalance Forklift Licence and relevant experience
· Safety Passport
· Slinging & Lifting experience preferred
If you're potentially interested and you have the required experience, please contact Justin Wainwright or apply as soon as possible. email@example.com 01268 889267
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.