£25k - 28k per year
3 months ago
Job title: Mechanical Fitter
Salary Range: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
Overtime paid at: Premium rates
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday
08:00 – 12:30 Friday
Location: Shawbury, Shropshire, SY4 4NR
Permanent position working for a worldwide design, build and test organisation.
A Mechanical Fitter is required with knowledge of build and installation of hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems. Working as part of a small team of fitters/engineers, mechanically building/fitting purpose build machines from engineering drawings.
Candidates with experience of design and/or installation of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical or electrical systems alongside experience in testing would be well received.
Due to ongoing expansion this client based in Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading Mechanical Fitter on a permanent basis. As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be required to:
- Mechanically build test rigs and testing equipment.
- Mechanical and basic electrical fitting of pressure, temperature and Thermo sensors
- Set-up and effectively manage client tests.
- Liaise internally and with suppliers in regards to parts, materials and lead times
- Deliver timely, high quality data and produce reports.
- Assist with project planning and implementation.
- Assist with efficient organisation of equipment resources.
- Assists with maintenance of specified equipment.
- Provides training and quality support where require
- Undertakes equipment maintenance, and consumable stock control, where applicable
- Perform regular Health and Safety checks
The Mechanical Fitter should have the following skills or experience:
- BTEC or Higher related technical subject within engineering/manufacturing
- Reading technical drawings
- Mechanical/Electrical fitting
- Hydraulics & pneumatics
- Use of hand tools
- 5s, health and safety procedures
- Computer Literate in Microsoft excel word outlook etc
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of purpose build mechanical fitting with an element of electrics. In return for your experience, this Shropshire based company will offer you:
- Permanent Position
- 37.5 hour paid week
- £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
- Good Contribution Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Mechanical/fitting and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Fitter role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.