Job title: Mechanical Fitter
Salary Range: £18.00 - £20.00 per hour
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday
08:00 - 13:00 Friday
4 month rolling contract working for a leading automation specialist in bespoke and reconfigurable automation solutions within the aerospace, automotive and FMCG sectors.
4 Mechanical Fitters are required with knowledge of preparing, building and assembling of specially designed machines and automated systems. Candidates with experience of working with bespoke automation projects will be well received.
Due to a new client project this client based in Birmingham requires 4 dynamic, leading mechanical fitters on a 4-month rolling contract basis. As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be required to:
- Read mechanical engineering drawings
- Mechanically build and assemble special purpose machines, working to technical drawings and written specifications
- The role involves marking up, drilling, tapping, adjusting and some machining of parts
- Build pneumatic assemblies
- Mount and set up different sensing methods including inductive, optical and lasers.
The Mechanical Fitter should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous relevant experience with machine frame assembly and working with and putting together aluminium profiles.
- Experience fitting linear slides, rotary tables, jigs & fittings.
- Possess appropriate qualifications, HND/HNC/apprenticeship or industry experience
- Be able to solve problems
- Be self motivated to complete work on schedule
- Experience of basic machining skills, lathe, milling machine, grinding, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of mechanical fitting. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based automation specialist will offer you:
- 4 month rolling contract position
- 40 hour working week with overtime available
- £18.00 - £20.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical fitting of automation control panels and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the mechanical fitter, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.