- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58917
Role: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: upto £35,000
Hours: 8am – 5pm (2pm Finish on Friday) can also work 730am - 4.30pm with a 1.30pm finish on Friday
Location: Local to Dudley
Benefits include: 25 days holiday plus stats and Pension matched up to 6%
Our Business: Mechanical Fitter Role
- This business offers expert consultancy and a complete end to end service; from bespoke design, manufacture and installation of machines and control systems, to ongoing support and calibration, refurbishment and re-purposing of existing equipment.
- The specialist in-house, sub-contract, accredited materials testing lab allows us to collaborate fully with our customers, offering ongoing development of testing techniques and technologies to suit their requirements, as well as added capacity for sub-contract overflow or bespoke work.
Purpose of role: Mechanical Fitter Role
- The central purpose of the Mechanical Engineer is to support Production activities that are carried out competently by the Production team.
- This includes performance of Production services on customer sites or at our premises to the required standard and customer specification.
Main Objectives: Mechanical Fitter Role
- Mechanical assembly of products to specifications.
- Onsite activities to include installation, commissioning, and investigation of failures in services, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work to meet the customer’s required specification or standard
- Ensure quality procedure and polices are being followed
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Mechanical Fitter Role
- Produce accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Engage in annual performance appraisals, performance reviews and personal improvement or development plans in line with business objectives
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, in order to improve performance and capabilities
- Organise own time (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers etc.) to complete tasks to the required standard, schedule and budget, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers, providing high quality support and assistance
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner, through written or verbal communications (to include correct grammar, punctuation, language, tone and content where applicable)
- Providing accurate information to customers through the production of instruction manuals, procedures and technical documentation as required
- Providing technical support to customers and understand the nature of the enquiry, informing the appropriate department where further action is required
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Adopt safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
Knowledge and Skills: Mechanical Fitter Role
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Ideally apprentice trained
- Use of basic measuring equipment
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic components and assembly
- Ideally experience of commissioning and testing hydraulic systems
- Operation of general workshop equipment
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.