- Sector: Land systems
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61934
Multiple Mechanical Engineers - Defence and Military Systems – Permanent – Attractive - North East
Multiple Mechanical Engineers are required to join an International Defence Systems company that designs, manufactures, and supports world leading military Systems. The successful Mechanical Engineers will be integrated into the team and be involved with large Military Engineering Programmes. As part of the team, you will be given the opportunity of professional development and career progression.
The Mechanical Engineers require a high level of technical expertise in order that the products meet the required level of safety, quality, and performance. The Mechanical Engineers must be team players who is prepared to work with a multi-site engineering team and the customer community. The Mechanical Engineers will be getting involved in the design & integration of equipment at the system and sub-system levels.
Mechanical Engineers will be responsible for the following:
- Analysis of customer requirements and functional system/sub system design requirements.
- Create CAD design schemes, detail design and production of Technical Data Packs.
- Design solutions to customer requirements for military armoured vehicles.
- Delivering mechanical design solutions to time, cost, quality, and project milestones.
- Conduct activities including feasibility studies, research, design, and development.
- Be involved in the Full Engineering Life-cycle, to meet defined project requirements.
- Adhere to the Company, Safety, Environmental, Standards, Procedures and Documentation.
- Draft and edit technical reports or other documents relevant to task.
- Preparation and submission of technical proposals and tenders as directed by bid manager.
- Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Ensure a complete design record of work is undertaken.
- Liaison with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required.
- Respond to any new requirements which management request for new work business need.
The Mechanical Engineers should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- Degree level of education, or an equivalent level of competence.
- Appropriate training and proven engineering experience.
- Achieved Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or be working towards that objective.
- Able to act as Design Authority (DA) for mechanical systems when authorised.
- Experience of mechanical engineering and its integration.
- Capable of supporting a design solution through full Engineering Life-cycle.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, CAD tools such as TeamCentre.
- Knowledge of SAP data management tool.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools such as Siemens NX or equivalent.
Experience of at least one of the following would be highly desirable:
- Off-highway vehicle mobility systems and performance.
- Design and analysis (static and fatigue load cases).
- Design and performance analysis of military armoured land vehicles.
- Design & integration of crew survivability systems for armoured vehicles.
- Design and integration of military vehicle ordnance.
**Security Clearance (SC) will be required due to the nature of the Defence products involved**
Demand for these roles will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Mechanical Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Engineers roles, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.