A Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a leading manufacturing and development company specialising in photonics technology for the aerospace and defence sectors. The successful candidate will be joining to design and develop optical mechanical products.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Opto-Mechanical design from initial concept to production release of acousto-optic packages, precision optical components and systems for use within in Industrial, Aerospace and Defence sectors.
- Generate conceptual design, layout, prototyping, bill of materials, mechanical and optical Manage and implement design changes on existing products within the Business Quality system and NPI process.
- Customer and supplier management.
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- 3D design, modelling and 2D drawing creation (SolidWorks or equivalent, utilising a data vault)
- Experience or knowledge of glass machining and polishing, thin film coating, machining of metals, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating
- Experience of working within an agile NPI environment
- Degree qualification in Mechanical engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a mechanical knowledge of optical systems to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Somerset based company will offer you:
- A competitive base rate salary.
- The opportunity to work a variety of interesting projects.
- Flexible benefits package.
Interviews for the Mechanical Design Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.