Role: Mechanical Engineer / Rigger
£31,000 - £36,000 p/a D.O.E
We are currently recruiting for a Senior engineer for our client based in Bristol, the role will be carrying out mechanical and rigging activities and will be responsible for leading a team of engineers engaged in the decommissioning, installing, lifting, moving and packing of equipment and machinery, predominantly in the Hi-tech industry sector & in cleanroom environments.
- Taking a hands-on approach to supervise and assist in the completion of the work using ground handling equipment, counterbalance forklifts and other suitable equipment, ensuring a "safety first" approach is consistently maintained.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the team engaged with the activity to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements.
- Ensure familiar with and enforce strict compliance with company set standards of work & Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Arrange and organise all equipment, material and personnel required for the timely completion of task
- To support, coach, train and develop staff
- Assist and determine the proper method for each assigned project
- Take direct responsibility for ensuring regular maintenance, inspection and repair of the company tools and equipment; ensuring team are properly supplied with tools
- Assist with management and control of costs to improve profitability
- Complete Site Surveys in a detailed and consistent manner
- Ensure day-to-day tasks are completed competently in compliance with the associated safety procedures laid out in the method statement & risk assessment
- Ensure compliance of team with company set standards of work
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Provide reports and progress information as required
- Support, coach, train and develop staff as required
- Ensure team are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials
Experience and Skills:
- Good level of education, preferably from Mechanical engineering background
- Knowledge of the mechanics and technicalities of machinery movement & logistics
- Experience of lifting sensitive and heavy equipment in clean room environments preferred
- Proficient oral & written communication skills for customer and team liaison
- Proficient planning and organisation skills
- Flexible & adaptable approach to work with ability to cope with change
- Ability to motivate others to perform to their best
- Proficient with basic computer skills (MS Office)
- B1 & B2 Forklift driving licence and advanced skills in use of forklift trucks
- Full, clean driving licence preferred
Special Working Conditions:
- Additional hours may be necessary when required: early starts and late finishes are not uncommon
- Frequent travel away from home (UK & abroad)
- Potential contact with hazardous chemicals & substances (training to be provided)
- May be required to complete other business activities on behalf of the company in line with identified skills, competencies and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.