£22 per hour
about 1 month ago
Job title: Mechanical Engineer - NPI
Salary Range: £22.00 per hour (Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Thursday
Location: Belfast, N Ireland
12 month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
An NPI Mechanical Engineer is required with experience and knowledge of processing engineering drawings & data, problem diagnosis and resolution to support order flow through the manufacturing process.
Candidates with a background in manufacturing/process engineering and experience with PTC Creo(Formerly ProEngineer) will be well received.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Belfast is looking for a NPI Mechanical Engineer to work within a NPI well established team of engineers. The Mechanical Engineer is to undergo a 12-month contract role. As a NPI Mechanical Engineer you will be required to:
- Processing of engineering drawings & data in line with company procedures & systems
- Support all aspects of production including problem diagnosis and resolution to ensure orders flow through the production facility to meet committed ship dates.
- Focus will be to refine and improve product designs to meet the needs of the customer providing superior performance, best cost, durability, quality, and serviceability.
- Supporting the heavy fabrications area in the manufacture and assembly of new tank-base and mechanical structure related designs
- Supporting the light fabrications area in the manufacture and assembly of enclosure designs
- Supporting the Genset production bays
- Performing complex analysis work, identifying and resolving design problems
- Providing technical leadership to Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Service and other areas.
- Providing technical guidance on product and processes
- Communicating technical information team members, suppliers and other departments in a concise and accurate manner
- Keeping up to date on new technologies and / or developing new technologies
- Providing technical and general guidance to other engineers as required
The NPI Mechanical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and substantial relevant experience.
- Candidates with a lesser qualification in Mechanical Engineering should have significantly more relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a design/development environment
- Experience of creating and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience of using a 2d/3d design package
- Experience of enclosure / package design for mechanical components.
- Experience of working in a generating set or engine test environment.
- Working knowledge of generator sets
- Experience of PTC Creo (Formerly ProEngineer)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Manufacturing engineering background. In return for your experience, this Belfast based manufacturer will offer you:
- 12-month contract position
- £22.00 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week over 4 days
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in manufacturing engineering within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.