£38.8k - 39k per year
Job title: Maintenance Engineer Night shift 6pm-6am
Salary: Approx £39k
We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Engineer for a leading Aerospace company in Rugby. This will be working on permanent night shift 6pm-6am and the shift pattern will be 4 nights on, 4 nights off. It will therefore mean working weekends when shifts fall on this basis.
The Maintenance department performs corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance to maximise the life of equipment and reduce the risk of failures. The Team ensures that the facility is operating safely and efficiently in compliance with statutory obligations. Maintenance also contributes to site problem solving and continuous improvement activities to support the broader site team.
Job Purpose and Objectives:
Responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. You will carry out routine maintenance and organise repairs. Recording all activities into the Maximo asset software system.
Also undertake any other duties/responsibilities as reasonably requested.
- HSE duty of all employees: Participate in the development and promotion of the HSE culture
- Be explementary in terms of health and safety and the environment, in particular by:
- Respecting and ensuring respect for the instructions and rules established in the field of health, safety and the environment (in particular the LISI golden rules
- Immediately correcting, whenever possible, or reporting to his or her superiors and/or the HSE department, any malfunction or risky situation in the fields of health, safety and environmental protection
- Implementing preventative actions to reduce the environmental protection
- Participate, upon request, in analyses (of risks, incidents) and HSE working groups related to his/her professional scope of his/her work
- Be familiar with the main health and safety risks and the main environmental impacts relating to the scope of his/her work
- Be familiar with the site’s HSE policy and objectives
- To be able to make proposals for improving working conditions and limiting environmental impact
- Responding in a timely manner to equipment and facilities breakdowns.
- Diagnose breakdown problems.
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed.
- Keeping cell leader / maintenance coordinator informed of progress
- Organising routine servicing schedules
- liaise with other departments i.e., engineering, purchasing, central maintenance etc.
- Operate to Company policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement improvements in maintenance and operations.
- Complete planned maintenance program on time and report any further work necessary.
- Report on any spares required.
- Maintain spares stock control system.
- To report any failure which cannot be fixed in-house, arrange for sub-contractors. Talk to suppliers regarding spare parts, cost, lead times etc.
- To maintain a high standard of safety and housekeeping.
- Record time spent on a job in maintenance system.
- Undertake any other duties/responsibilities as reasonably requested by management
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Recognised Qualification in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with an understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Understand technical operations and processes
In return for your commitment, our client will offer you:
- Competitive salary of approx. £39k
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join a very well established business. If you would like to discuss the Maintenance Engineer night shift role in further detail please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.