£Comp + Bens
about 1 month ago
Mechanical Engineer - Motors
£Competitive plus benefits
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for motor technologies, definition of requirements and driving delivery of implementations on product lines. Candidates with familiarity with electronic aspects of motor drive systems would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, an award-winning personal mobility manufacturer based in Greenford, requires a proactive Mechanical Engineer to explore development and supply options through tear-down, testing, analysis, and comparison of both internally developed and off-the-shelf motors, and will work closely with motor suppliers to drive improvements. As a Mechanical Engineer you will be required to:
- Optimise the design and performance of motors designed internally and development partners
- Define motor related requirements
- Seek out information to assist with the selection of motors
- Perform analysis and tear-down of off-the-shelf motors to quantify performance and understand areas of strength and weakness
- Define test equipment requirements needed to run thorough motor investigations
- Assist the support engineers in creating and commissioning appropriate test rigs for motor-specific testing
- Research performance-affecting factors like wear-out, extreme use, temperature
- Quantify and optimise characteristics such as output torque, ingress protection, and NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).
- Pursue opportunities to reduce motor weight and cost
- Collaborate closely with product designers and system engineers to ensure motor selection is correct for the product needs
The Mechanical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Strong mechanical engineering background with experience of the development process
- Experience of simulation finite element analysis (FEA)
- Experience of using testing to guide engineering investigations and improvements
- Understanding of gear design theory and/or application preferred
- Experience of optimising for NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) is an advantage
- Experience of taking a product through to production is an advantage
- Ability to fluently use a 3D CAD package, ideally Solidworks
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of engineering drawing control and ability to understand mechanical drawings to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Greenford based company will offer you:
- A choice of working hours, including a 9-day fortnight (i.e. every other Friday off)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.