Our client, a manufacturer of niche defence products, is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join their UK Operation.
The Mechanical Engineer will work as part of a team on projects ranging from design concept, demonstration, development, qualification and production, through to customer support. A methodical and organised approach to work will be essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Managing design evolution to meet customer requirements
- Responsibility for clearance of detail production drawings
- Leading and completing DFMEA's
- Approving production processes and tooling
- Demonstrating compliance with customer requirements
- Producing and delivering formal technical presentations to the customer
- Producing product technical specifications and detailed technical reports
- Ensuring appropriate validation testing is carried out prior to formal qualifications.
- Leading formal design reviews at the relevant design phases and ensuring actions are taken and completed on time
- Leading technical investigations
- Liaison at all levels within the business, manufacturers and suppliers
- Arranging/managing specific trials such as structural testing, laboratory scale testing (quantitative testing of materials, etc)
Key Skills and Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer:
- HNC, HND or degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or related Engineering discipline
- Excellent understanding of engineering and manufacturing techniques
- An ability to assimilate and evaluate technical information from a wide range of disciplines
- Attention to detail
- An ability to present complex problems clearly and logically to other specialist and non specialist engineers
- A good understanding of DFMEA, 'Design to Cost' and 'Design for Manufacture' principles
- Excellent document/report writing skills.
- Working within a defence related industry
- Trials/assessment testing experience (e.g. structural testing, vibration, etc)
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Sarah Davies.