£28,000 - £32,000 p/a + Company Van
We are currently recruiting for an experience mechanical engineer to work for our client on their site in Cambridgeshire the role will be responsible for the Planned and Reactive operational maintenance tasks, support with minor new works as necessary and proactive support to the Senior Technician within a building services environment.
- Work as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and work as part of at team.
- The post holder will be required to work core hours Monday - Friday with an average working week of 37.5 hours. Participating on an on-call rota and being available for reasonable overtime as needed.
- To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- To carry out minor new works where directed.
- Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Will have specific knowledge in a particular field which matches the requirements of the contract.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades.
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- A suitable City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ 3 or equivalent
- A suitable level of competence for Corgi Registration or suitably qualified and skilled to uphold the company's NICEIC Approved Contractor Status
- Experience preferably in a health care back ground
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to the appropriate levels within the Trust, and across all disciplines.
- Ability to be an effective Team Player within the Services Management Team.
- Sound administrative and IT skills relevant to the position.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery.
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.