Role: Mechanical Engineer (A/C)
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 p/a + Van + Benefits
Location: Bury St Edmunds
To carry out routine planned maintenance and reactive maintenance on Mechanical equipment and general Building Services. Responsible for carrying out mechanical based maintenance duties, trouble-shooting, repair work and minor new works on a wide range of equipment and commercial premises within the establishments as directed.
- Responding to mechanical breakdowns and emergencies providing rectification action as necessary in response to client work request as requested by site staff.
- Undertake programmed planned maintenance completing report on findings.
- Monitor and report failings to heating and hot water systems, adjusting controls to suit.
- Act as initial breakdown and emergency work as first response to meet clients needs and functions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Communicate regularly with all Supervisory and Management staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure work is achieved at all times
- Ensure that information held on information management system is accurate and timely
- Removing and replacing component parts of heating and other systems.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- Complete weekly time sheets and other associated paper work.
- Bring to management immediate attention any unsafe conditions.
- Be part of an on-call rota for 24 hr call out system, if required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Hold a recognised mechanical qualification.
- Previous, relevant experience as a tradesman and preferably have worked in the maintenance sector with experience of PPM systems.
- Flexible in approach to current working methods.
- Ability to complete manual handling tasks as required and/or make effective use of equipment and tools provided.
- Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Responsive to emergency work situations.
- Fault finding capabilities.
- Must be assessed for Skilled Persons register for working on installations.
- Able to work at height off of Tower or fixed scaffolds, ladders steps.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- SC security clearance preferable
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.