£57k - 63k per year
Salary: £57,000 - £63,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Thurrock, the role will be responsible for the Mechanical Engineering assets such as steam and gas turbines, generators, HRSG, pressure system, gas pipeline and associated balance of plant equipment.
· Manage outage work for mechanical assets including development and implementation
· Manage the major mechanical assets, arrange periodic maintenance, process recommendations, monitor ongoing health and progress project work from inception to completion
· Liaise with the maintenance and operation teams to investigate plant issues and implement solutions, in particular resolving reliability issues
· Drive performance improvement projects to deliver against Company Performance KPIs, including setting, tracking and communicating
· Support the wider teams on short terms secondments where appropriate
· Support initiatives as directed by the Engineering Manager
· Provide suitable cover for the Engineering Manager in their absence
· To be on call and to change working patterns where necessary in order to support the team and meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications & Skills:
· The individual will need to be a self-motivated with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills.
· The individual must be suited to a culture that is entrepreneurial, fast paced, value driven, and with very high corporate performance and ethical standards.
· The individual will need to be comfortable working in a lean structure, should be highly professional, and possess strong ethical and moral standards.
Key characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
· The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility during dynamic situations
· Take ownership of the mechanical assets
· Potential for promotion within the Company (to Manager for e.g.)
· Affable and flexible personality
· Professional approach to engineering
· Excellent work ethic
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Good interpersonal, communication and motivational skills with a flexible, enthusiastic and committed attitude to work
· Computer literate
· Ideally Degree qualified in an Engineering or related discipline, HNC in an Engineering discipline with a high level of practical operational/maintenance experience/knowledge will be acceptable
· Knowledge and Experience
· Knowledge of power generation operations and maintenance associated with Gas/Steam turbines, boilers (HRSGs), PSSR and gas pipeline regs and other rotating plant.
· Computer aided maintenance management applications also necessary
· At least 5 years in power generation. Other relevant experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis (e.g, EfW, oil & gas industry etc.)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.