over 2 years ago
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a market leading innovative Defence Technology Company. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be the design authority for pressure vessels and precision components for use in the development of rocket motors.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will suit someone with strong experience within Design and Development environment that has a proactive and fastidious approach.
Mechanical Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Managing design to meet customer requirements and defence compliance.
- Completing DFMEAs
- Producing and delivering formal technical presentations to the customer.
- Producing product technical specifications and detailed technical reports.
- Leading formal design reviews at the relevant design phases and ensuring actions are taken and completed on time.
Skills and Experience Required for Mechanical Design Engineer
- Qualified in a Mechanical related subject - HND minimum
- Excellent understanding of Design to Cost' and 'Design for Manufacture' principles.
- Experience in a client facing role or excellent communication skills.
- An interest and some knowledge in both the theory and practical aspects rocket motor design.
- Trials/assessment testing experience (e.g. structural testing, vibration, etc).
**Security Clearance** will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered.
For further information on the Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163 or e-mail