over 1 year ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Electric Drives Systems - Guildford - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a rapidly expanding engineering consultancy, specialising in high performance electric drive components for a range of industry sectors, including the delivery of projects and technological expertise to high profile automotive and motorsport customers.
As Mechanical Design Engineer - Electric Drive Systems you will deliver mechanical solutions of the highest standard to fast-paced and technically-challenging projects.
As Mechanical Design Engineer - Electric Drive Systems - you will be required to
- Perform mechanical design activities in the area of rotating electric machines, inverters, DC-DC converters and electric drive systems.
- Work on a range of components, including rotors, stators, casings, shafts/bearings, bus bars and sealing systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies, with an appreciation of all target performance requirements and manufacturability.
- Take responsibility for technical delivery, cost, timing and other key programme deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure customer expectations are exceeded through exceptional application of engineering principles.
- Work through all phases of the product development lifecycle.
As Mechanical Design Engineer - Electric Drive Systems - you will have
- A wide range of experience in detailed mechanical design for components and assemblies in low volume (eg. motorsport) or high volume ( eg. automotive) production.
- Experience in at least one 3D parametric CAD package, preferably SolidWorks.
- A degree or HND in a Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ideally knowledge of working with magnetic and laminated components for electric machines.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in a fantastic new facility.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .